Wednesday, July 30, 2008

J. Garner Workshop: the Pics

Oh yeah, we had a great time at the workshop (see the previous post), but I also got some great pics that I want to share. We had super models to work with. A big thank you goes out to them. I'd imagine it can't be too easy being photographed from twelve crazy (well, at least Jim and I) photographers at once. I don't like being in front of one camera let alone twelve. Now for the pics. Enjoy!

At the space needle.

jgarner_workshop_56

jgarner_workshop_57

Right next to the space needle is the Experience Music Project. What a wacky building with some killer walls and architecture to work with.

jgarner_workshop_55

We then went to another favorite spots of Jim's in downtown Seattle where this next series of shots came from.

jgarner_workshop_58

jgarner_workshop_59

jgarner_workshop_60

jgarner_workshop_61

One of my favs.

jgarner_workshop_62

Another one of my favorites.

jgarner_workshop_63

While not a typical composition for me, I dig this one bunches too. Shows the power and respect we owe Mother Nature....at least that's what I think.

jgarner_workshop_64

Near Jim's beach house on Whidbey Island.

jgarner_workshop_65

jgarner_workshop_66

Then we headed to Deception Pass bridge for some evening shooting.

jgarner_workshop_68

jgarner_workshop_67

jgarner_workshop_69

Next to the coast line.

jgarner_workshop_70

Some video light techniques.

jgarner_workshop_71

And lastly back to the beach house for dinner. And, since we couldn't stop, we did some late night shooting on the stairwell.

jgarner_workshop_72

11 comments:

Josh said...

Seriously awesome pics! These make me realize that I need to take a step back and look at my surroundings sometimes instead of always being up in my clients' faces. Great stuff, and it looks like you had a blast!

Ryan said...

Dude, that one with the bride's veil hanging over the bridge is seriously awesome. Great pics, even for a Canon guy.

Anonymous said...

Some of the most incredible works that I have seen period. The shot on the bridge is just leaving me in awe. Thank you for getting me all fired up for tomorrow wedding. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

DJ-These are awesome!! They are so beautiful and artistic! I can't wait for you to work your magic at our wedding! Only 2 more months!!

Hillary & Kevin

Dominique James said...

thanks for the encouraging words Dj! we appreciate it! it was great seeing you again, hopefully we will see you around more often.

And i looovee this last post. all the photos are so sweet.

Dominique James said...

thanks for the encouraging words Dj! we appreciate it! it was great seeing you again, hopefully we will see you around more often.

And i looovee this last post. all the photos are so sweet.

THE PARSONS said...

DUDE!!! I could NEVER pick a favorite - you are insanely talented, and these pictures are so incredibly beautiful!!! AMAZING work - each one inspires!

Anonymous said...

DJ this looked like it must have been a blast! Congrats on the wonderful shots!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for you great work!

I`m a fan of yours. I`d appreciate if you stop by my blog to know a little about Brazilian Wedding Photography. Please feel free to comment!

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

These are amazing, Love. I'm blown away by your work. How much do you charge for photoshoots?

Cruise Gossip Girl said...

You are amazing DJ. The lighting in these shots is impeccable. Off camera lighting is the next thing I want to learn. I use mostly natural light which I've mastered but some times, like in these photos, off camera lighting can just make such a powerful impact. I think you should be my mentor. What's your hourly rate? :-)